"I made this recipe because I love blueberry and love the colour for the cause to end violence against women." - Gloria Del Pilar Roa, Canela Kitchen (http://canelakitchen.blogspot.com)
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 5 min
- 125 grams Butter, Softened
- 220 grams Granulated sugar
- 375 grams Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 200 grams Blueberries, Frozen
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 245 ml Milk
- 227 grams Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Tbsp Heavy cream
- 220 grams Castor Sugar
- 250 grams Blueberries, pureed
- In a bowl mix the butter, sugar, vanilla, milk and eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Finally add the frozen blueberries and mix.
- Preheat oven to 180 °celsius.
- Fill the paper cases 3/4parts and place them in a muffin pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned and dry.
- Allow to cool before decorating.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until it is softened and uniform.
- Add whipped cream and beat together until it is uniform.
- Add pulverized blueberries, then sugar to the mixture and mix.
- Add more sugar if necessary. Mix again until mixture is creamy and spreadable.
- Set aside in fridge by 20 minutes.
- Pipe the cupcakes with the frosting and garnish with some blueberries.