“I support this project because every woman deserves the chance to live in a violence-free environment. We need to support women to become empowered and to thrive. Women are the heart of this world and it's time we turned things around!”
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- ⅓ cup Oil (sunflower, non-virgin olive, melted coconut, or safflower)
- 1 cup Organic Sugar
- 1½ cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (or gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1 level teaspoon Baking Soda/Powder
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Chocolate Soymilk
- 5 tablespoons (⅓ cup) plus 1 teaspoon Non-hydrogenated Margarine
- 2¼ cups plus 4 teaspoons Organic Powdered Sugar
- 5 tablespoons (⅓ cup) plus 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Soymilk
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Oil a dozen muffin cups. Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Make sure each is lump-free and mixed very well. Mix them together, but do not over-mix. Note that the batter will taste a bit odd at this point, but don’t be alarmed—any hint of vinegar will magically disappear once the cake is baked! Pour into your muffin cups and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. This should take about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
To make the frosting, whip the margarine in a large bowl (using electric beaters) until it becomes somewhat fluffy. Slowly add in the remaining ingredients one at a time, in the order given. Beat at high speed until very fluffy, using a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. At this point, you will want to refrain from the temptation to shrink down to the size of a peanut and take a chocolate bath. You may regret it later. Next, refrigerate the frosting until the cupcakes have cooled.
Frost your cupcakes! Ideally, let the frosting warm to room temperature before serving the cake. Decorate with edible flowers, raspberries, strawberries, chocolate shavings, or anything else.